Manchester United Season Preview: Betting Tips and Free Bets
Place your bets with a £10 risk-free bet from AVABET!
An exciting new era is upon us at Old Trafford with the appointment of former Ajax head coach, Erik ten Hag as Manchester United's new permanent manager. The Red Devils endured a disastrous 2021/22 campaign, finishing in sixth-place and 35 points behind champions, Manchester City. Despite a difficult summer in the transfer market, Manchester United fans will be hopeful of an improved campaign this time around. Using odds from our betting partners at AVABET, here at freebets.ltd.uk we'll check out what 2022/23 could have in store for Manchester United.
Transfer Market Frustration
This summer saw a host of players depart Old Trafford at the end of their contracts. The likes of Paul Pogba, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic, Edinson Cavani and Jesse Lingard all left Manchester United in what was supposed to be the beginning of a busy window for new boss, ten Hag. However, Manchester United in the post-Sir Alex Ferguson era can be summed up by the long, drawn out transfer saga involving Frenkie de Jong. United have been chasing the Barcelona midfielder for over three months and seem unable to get the signing over the line. De Jong is 11/10 to sign for Manchester United or 5/4 to stay at Barcelona. Chelsea are also believed to be interested in the Dutch international and are 9/2 to pinch him from under the noses of Manchester United.
With all their eggs in one basket, Manchester United have not adequately bolstered their ranks this summer. Christian Eriksen has arrived on a free transfer whilst they have raided the Eredivisie for Lisandro Martinez and Tyrell Malacia from Ajax and Feyenoord respectively. They could return to Ajax for Brazilian forward, Anthony but he is now as short as 1/2 to remain in Amsterdam.
Premier League Prospects
Manchester United achieved their lowest ever Premier League points total last season and you have to feel that they won't be quite as bad in the upcoming campaign. The Red Devils are unlikely to overturn last season's 35-point deficit so even at 28/1 they are unlikely to have too many backers in the Premier League title outright market. Erik ten Hag's side are very back-able at 6/4 to claim a top four finish.
If Manchester United can keep hold of want-away forward, Cristiano Ronaldo he could prove excellent value to claim the Premier League's Golden Boot. Speculation around Ronaldo's future has seen him drift out to 14/1 to land the Golden Boot.
Ronaldo is still as short as 5/6 to finish as Manchester United's top scorer in the league. With his future still uncertain, now could be an excellent time to take him on in this market. Here are some players to consider to finish as Manchester United's top scorer in this season's Premier League.
- Bruno Fernandes (5/2)
- Anthony Martial (7/1)
- Marcus Rashford (8/1)
- Jadon Sancho (9/1)
- Christian Eriksen (16/1)
Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes are also amongst the favourites for the PFA Player of the Year award. At 18/1, both of the Portuguese internationals will attract plenty of support.
Having finished sixth in the Premier League last season Manchester United will play in the Europa League in the upcoming campaign. The Red Devils have immediately been installed as the bookies' 15/2 favourites. With so much competition in the Premier League, winning the Europa League could prove to be Manchester United's best route into next season's UEFA Champions League.
Manchester United have now gone five seasons without any silverware. Everyone at Old Trafford will be desperate to end that dry spell this season. The domestic cup competitions may offer a great opportunity to do just that. Incredibly, the 12-time winners have only won the FA Cup once since 2004 but can be backed at 10/1 to win this season's competition.
The 2016/17 League Cup winners are also amongst the favourites in this competition. Manchester United are 12/1 to win a sixth League Cup in the upcoming campaign.
AVABET Free Bets: Terms and Conditions
- The promotional period begins at 14:00 GMT on March 2nd 2022 and ends at 14:00 GMT on March 2nd 2023.
- Clients can participate in this offer only once and receive a free bet bonus only once.
- This promotion is only available to new, verified customers residing in the UK who make a first deposit and place an initial bet of £10 at minimum odds of 1.5 for each selection. The initial bet must be placed on a pre-match single or multiple bet. Players can win a maximum of £1,000 from bets placed using the free bet. Any winnings above £1,000 will be deducted.
- Deposits made with Skrill, ecoPayz, MuchBetter, Neteller, Trustly or PayPal are excluded from qualifying bets.
- After having made a first deposit and lost £10, the £10 free bet will be credited to the customer's balance immediately.
- Any bets that use Cash Out, full or partial, will not count as qualifying bets. If the qualifying bet is abandoned or postponed, the free bet will not be issued.
- Your free bet is valid for 7 days from the date of receipt.
- The sportsbook bonus cannot be transferred to the casino balance.
- The £10 free bet is non-withdrawable.
- The free bet must be spent at minimum odds of 1.5 and can be used on single and multiple bets.
- Players do not receive their free bet stake in any returns.
- By accepting and receiving the bonus, a player confirms to have read and agreed to the promotion's terms and conditions. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- This offer is limited to one per person, family, household address, email address, telephone number, same payment account number and shared computer, e.g. public library or workplace.
- AVABET reserves the right acting reasonably to withhold, restrict or cancel this Welcome Offer from individual account holders in breach of these terms and conditions or in breach of our General Promotion Terms.
- AVABET reserves the right to change or end any promotion, if required, for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
Claim AVABET's Exclusive Free Bet
Create a new player account via freebets.ltd.uk and claim your AVABET free bets instantly.